A fixture in the business community, William helped found the Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce where he served as Vice President of Communications. As a business owner, he has pursued interests in real estate, telecommunications and restaurants, most notably the Sunfish Grill, a sustainable seafood restaurant in Shoreline Village. A graduate of UCLA, William has lectured at the Graziadio School of Business, Pepperdine, The Trebas institute, UCLA extension and has been published in national trade magazines. As a Director of the Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union, William trained nationally with the trade association and lobbied Congress as part of their annual Congressional Caucus.
William helped create a European marketing network for Construcciones Rodrigo, SA, of Spain and trained with the National Association of Federal Credit Unions in Canada on international finance law. A charter member of Long Beach's Aquarium of the Pacific, William has been working to develop a partnership (sister-aquarium relationship) with Europe's largest aquarium, L'Oceanografic, in Valencia, Spain. The initial steps for this international relationship have been taken as Long Beach's Director recently completed a visit to the Valencia, Spain facility which was arranged by Mr. Grisolia and a memorandum of understanding will now be developed between these world-class institutions.
Sought after spokesman, interviewee and lecturer.
• Delegate, Democratic National Convention, 2004 and 2008
• Commissioner, Community Development Advisory Commission
• Vice-Chair, Long Beach Homeless Services Advisory Commission
• Vice-President, Latin American Community Center
• Founding Chair, LB Unity Festival and LB Unified School District Unity Star Search
• Vice President, Regional Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Vice-Chair of Policy and Legislation, Los Angeles Housing Advisory
Committee/National Housing Commission of LULAC
• Member, Audit Committee, Los Angeles Mission
• Board Member, Long Beach Cares (Public Health Department foundation)
• Board Member, Long Beach Fairfield YMCA
• Member, Long Beach City College Advisory Committee
• Founder and CEO, Sunfish Grill Restaurant
• Director, Allied Healthcare Federal Credit Union
• Regional Marketing Director, Excel Telecommunications
• Congressional Lobbyist, National Association of Federal Credit Unions
• Member, 54th Assembly District Committee on Childhood Obesity
• Member, 54th Assembly District Nutrition Committee (Center for Public Health Advocacy)
• Member, League of United Latin American Citizen (LULAC)
• Guest Lecturer, UCLA extension and Pepperdine Business School
• Producer/Creator, “Wish Upon a Song” concert series-Miller Children's Hosp.
• Principal for a Day, Cabrillo High School and Franklin Middle School
• Partnership in Education Award, LBUSD
• Principal for a Day, Cabrillo High School
• Principal for a Day, Franklin Middle School
• Counselor, KSU Summer Communications Program, American Legion Boys State and Boy Scout Camp Theodore Naish